Shrimp Tacos with Chipotle Aioli Sauce


Let me start of by saying... dinner was awesome! I have recently decided that I love shrimp tacos. I mean, I never knew that shrimp inside of a soft tortilla would bring so much joy to my taste buds. This recipe is incredibly light and full of flavor.



Creamy Cilantro-Lime Slaw

Ingredients
1/2c mayonnaise
1/2c sour cream
3Tbsp fresh lime juice
1&1/2tsp finely grated lime peel
1/2 serrano chile, minced
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/3c chopped fresh cilantro
4 cups (1 bag) slaw mix
3 green onions minced

Whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, lime peel, chile and garlic in a large bowl. Stir in cilantro. Add in slaw mix and green onions, toss evenly. Refrigerate.

Chipotle Aioli

Ingredients
6Tbsp mayonnaise
2tsp chopped chipotle chiles in adobo
2Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1tsp minced garlic
1/2tsp cumin
4tsp fresh lime juice

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.

Shrimp
I purchased frozen shrimp with the tails already removed so I first thawed out the amount I wanted. In a non-stick skillet I heated about 1Tbsp of coconut oil. Once the oil was hot I put in my shrimp and added taco seasoning. Cook shrimp all the way through. If you bought precooked shrimp, just make sure you cook the shrimp long enough to fully heat up.


Bringing it all together
Either corn or flour tortillas would taste yummy with this dish. I used flour tortillas and put my slaw in first. Then I added my shrimp, the chipotle aioli sauce and topped it off with a few pieces of avocado.

I am a huge fan of the shrimp tacos at the Thirsty Lion and these turned out to be incredibly similar. I hope you enjoy!

If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and let me know what you thought.
Ashley Elizabeth
2 Comments

2 comments:

  1. I love shrimp tacos so much, every time we are at a restaurant that serves them I get them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew how amazing they were until recently. My favorite are from a restaurant in Portland called the Thirsty Lion, but I don't like driving in there every time I get a craving for them. This recipe is pretty darn close to them. I had leftovers today and the aioli packed a bit of a punch that it didn't really have yesterday, but I have a super sensitive mouth and it was still so tasty.

      Delete