A Fall Craft


It's an overcast day here in Oregon City. With the first day of Fall next Sunday I'm really excited to see a change in the weather. Fall is my favorite season and I'm ready for Summer to leave us now.

You all know how obsessed I am with crafting. I am so thankful that my daughter shares my love of getting creative. Today we decided to do a Fall project to hang on our wall during the season.

Amelia always gets so excited when the words "craft project" come out of my mouth. The hair went up, the apron went on, the chair was covered, newspaper laid out and one happy little girl was ready to get creative.
 Just a little painting

The perfect Fall tree
I traced and painted her hand, she did all of the fingerprint leaves... too cute!

My little artist

The finished product
Ashley Elizabeth
11 Comments

11 comments:

  1. These come out beautifully! Great idea! (My 4-year-old would love that you get to use your hands!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter is 4 also. Most of the crafts/projects I put on here are done with her. Feel free to follow along. I usually put up a craft project or two per week. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. What size canvas panel did you use for this art.i m planning to do for my 5 yr old girl.Thank you

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I will definitely have to do this with my son! I love fall & all its colored beauty! What a fantastic way to bring that into your home with a keepsake from your child!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love it. We hung it in our living room and it makes me smile every time I glance over at it. I will be doing an entire series of hand/foot art that can be displayed all year. I will post it when we've completed it. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Feel free to follow along. I do a lot of kid crafts and will probably have a lot more coming as the holidays draw near.

      Delete
  3. Great idea! I'll have to try this with my kids - they would love it!
    Thanks for linking up with It's a Mom's Life. I hope you'll join us again this coming week (starting tonight!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your link up. I'm pretty sure I will be a regular participant :)

      Delete
  4. What size canvas did you use for this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was a 9x13 or 10x14. I got them at Michael's in a two pack. You could use any size though. Whatever fits your kid's arm.

      Delete
  5. What is the best way to make this into a Christmas one??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot for the idea! I used it today to paint on some linen kitchen towels with my 2 1/2 year old boy. Those kitchen towels will be his Christmas gifts for his grandmas and aunties. They look great!

    ReplyDelete